Foundation Stage Unit Class Teacher – Permanent FTE
This post is starting September 2018 and will be paid within the Main Pay Scale range M1-3
Required for September 2018, an outstanding Early Years practitioner to lead our Foundation Stage Unit which comprises a Reception Class and a Pre-school Class. This would be an ideal opportunity for an NQT/ early career teacher who will be supported by the experienced Head of School.
The role is class teacher for the Reception Class and Pre School. This post is permanent from September 2018
We will expect you to have excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the Early Years’ curriculum, both in terms of planning and assessment.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a small team of highly motivated practitioners across the Foundation Stage Unit to support the needs of all children
We will also expect you to be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of how children learn and how to translate this into high quality teaching and learning specific to the early year’s pupils
The post requires someone who is an inspirational, reflective and creative teacher with a passion to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’, with excellent classroom management and organisation skills.
You will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude and be committed to sharing good practice
- Be able to competently & positively manage pupil behaviour
- Show initiative and creativity in your approach to teaching & learning
- Be organised and efficient and demonstrate the ability to improve outcomes for children
- Be thoroughly committed to safety and well-being for all our pupils
- Demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful team liaising with parents, governors and the community, and on occasions working across the Trust
If you wish to visit prior to application, a warm welcome awaits you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for this post
Visits to the school are encouraged. Opportunities for visiting the school are available week commencing 26th March 2018, please telephone the administrator 01626 353980 to arrange this, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below for a person specification and to download an application form. Completed applications forms to be sent to email@example.com for the attention of the Head of School, Tom Stacey.
Closing Date: Monday 16th April 12 noon
Interview Date: Monday 23rd April